6 Most Common Cat Health Problems
Cats are good at self-maintenance. But even your fastidious feline can't prevent some of these more common cat diseases and health issues.
Vomiting is a very common problem with cats with a multitude of causes. They range from eating something poisonous or inedible (like string), to infection, urinary tract disease, or diabetes to hairballs.
2. Feline Lower Urinary Tract Diseases (FLUTD)
TSome estimates say as many as 3% of cats seen by vets have feline lower urinary tract disease (FLUTD), which is actually a group of feline diseases with multiple causes.
- List bellow:
- Drinking more
- Straining to urinate
- Bloody urine
- Urinating in unusual places
- Crying when urinating
- Licking around the urinary area (often because of pain)
- Fleas are a very common external feline health problem. But it's one you can easily treat. Signs your cat has fleas include:
- Flea dirt on its skin (they look like tiny black dots)
- Constant scratching
- Frequent licking
- Red or irritated skin
- Hair loss
- Skin infections or hot spots